Saturday, April 28, 2007

Awesome Haircut Times

Man, I just had the best haircut ever!
See, I brought along my sketchpad and a folder of comic templates, to work on Pungirls strips if there was any wait before I got my haircut. It was pretty busy, but I'd just gotten out a comic in progress when they called my name, so I put up my stuff and went back. The haircut chick and I get to talking, turns out she usually works at a store some fifteen minutes away but she got called in today because they're pretty busy over here in Landen, and then she asks me what I was working on with my folder etc..
So I tell her I've got this online comic strip where every comic contains a pun. Turns out she's an artist too. Back in high school, she'd spend like all her time over in the art wing doing artstuff. She likes to do it all: drawing, painting, 3D stuff, flash tattoo art. But especially the drawing and the ceramics. She likes to do abstract stuff rather than representational, she did this one wall-mounted ceramic piece with 5 interlocking puzzle-style parts to it, it sounded pretty cool. Does a little oil painting too. So we talk art, we talk about post-high-school experiences, she's studying to be a cosmetology teacher.
She gets done with my haircut, and it's a pretty good haircut. I give her a two-dollar tip and scrawl down the URL of my webcomic on the back of the haircut place's business card. She'll like the most recent one, I tell her; it's about haircutting. I grab my folders and head back home, reflecting on how that haircut was a lot of fun.
Art is all about sharing, and art is awesome when it's shared. A lot of things are awesome when they're shared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home